As I posted back in April, we've been starting into some remodeling efforts. We are now at the point of working on all of the following project simultaneously:
- Kitchen Remodel + New appliances
- Master Bathroom complete Remodel
- Back of House; completely new windows to take advantage of the last year of the energy tax credit
- Front of House; paint trim and replace rotten wood
- Replace Heating/AC units to take advantage of the last year of the energy tax credit
Well, better than you might think; there hasn't been much overlap yet. Although the HVAC man and the kitchen man will be there together, tomorrow.
It hasn't been perfect, of course. Here's an exciting sample phone conversation from last week between me and the contractor:
CONTRACTOR: Hi, where is your new sink?Well, that particular story had a happy ending, but our counter ended up not quite right. One piece is still back in Texas; but we are enjoying the pieces that are here very much. It is a bit odd having one kitchen counter that is green and one that is white, but you get used to it faster than you'd think.
ME: What do you mean? Your company ordered the sink, not me.
ME: You did order it, right?
CONTRACTOR: Let me get back to you on that.
Once we have some time to catch our breath, we'll post some of the interesting info we've found out about Air Conditioning (AC) units.