There are sadly no commercially-available costumes for Tracer, for a nice low price of $22.99. The CosPlay crowd has of course already started to create costumes for Tracer and her friends, and even posted some of their step-by-step Tracer costume creation processes, but I don't have that time or cash to spend on a trick or treat Tracer costume for a 7-year old.
So my son's Tracer costume is being built with:
- An old brown sweatshirt. (I would have loved to get this bomber jacket but it is only sold in the UK and I'm across the pond in the Colonies.)
- Ski Goggles that we already had
- Some rocking Tracer patches I found on Etsy by Serephitic
- Some LED lights: one from LED battery-operated base lite from Target for $15 and one random cheaper one from ACE hardware
- 2 water guns that managed to survive the summer
- Black straps from his lunch boxes
- A pair of orange pants that barely fits him anymore
- Some old white gloves of mine from high school colorguard, plus some white pieces of foam
- Random stuff like Cardboard and duct-tape and binder clips and Chinese Take-out Containers
Stay Tuned! I'll post Part 2 of my venture into CosPlay after Halloween ...
Wonderful guide on Creating the perfect Halloween Costume for a Superhero who isn't even released yet: Tracer (Part 1). This will help us in making the great costume.
Post a Comment